1952: Harry's wafer bakery is established by Henri Groosman & Joanna Verreth.On 5 April 1952, the company is entered into the trade register number 120.881. Its first place of business is 28 Fort II straat in Wommelgem, near Antwerp. Later, the bakery recolates to Borsbeek. The assortment is limited to cones ( 3 different sizes) and flat wafers.
The comapny is acquired by Mr and Mrs Hoorens, the owners of a coffee-roasting house and multiple tea-rooms. The wafer bakery relocates to Handrode.
The wafer bakery moves to 22 Pourbusstraat , Antwerp( South). The assortment is extended to include double fan wafers.
1987: Mrs. Raes acquires the bakery.
1989: The Current owner, Francis Hendrickx,acquires Harry's wafer bakery.There are just five customers left for a variety of reasons-- too few to speak of a profitable company. Every effort is made to improve the quality and to increase production capacity. Additionally, the range is extended to include biscuits rolls and tulip-shaped wafers. During the winter months, sugar waffles are baked. Our customers base steadly grows again. We focus primarily on ice-cream parlours that make their own ice-cream.
1990: MoveDue to lack of space, the bakery is moved to a location nearby, natably 16 de Vrièrestraat.
1995: Move to Hoboken.
In light of continued expansion of production, Harry's wafer bakery is moved to a building in Hoboken.